Sunday, July 10, 2016

Aćai Bowl


This is an amazingly simple, nutrient-dense recipe that is perfect for summer! I've enjoyed this for breakfast as well as for lunch. You can get creative with this as well and add a variety of fruits to change it up, add some kale or spinach or wheat grass...the choice is yours!

Ingredients:

  • 1 frozen packet aćai
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen organic mixed fruit
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk or whole organic, grass-fed milk (made my own coconut milk using 1 cup organic coconut manna and 4 cups water)
  • 1 TB flaxseed
  • 1 TB hemp seeds (since I'm pregnant, I add extra doses of protein when I can and hemp seeds are an excellent source of protein)

Directions:
Blend and top with shredded organic coconut, 1/2 fresh banana, and granola! 

*Use organic ingredients when possible
*Recipe from What's Up Moms

No comments:

Post a Comment