Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Mango Nectarine Smoothie


My 3-yr old LOVES smoothies...I mean, seriously...we make one every. single. day. If I make one and don't let him have any, he throws a fit. Anyway, like I mentioned in previous smoothie posts, my smoothies don't change that much; I just swap out fruit and play around to find something that I like. Right now I am loving the combination of strawberry and mango. And I happened to have 1/2 a nectarine laying around so I decided to throw that in for this smoothie. Hope you enjoy!

Here's what you'll need:

  • 1 TB hempseed
  • 1 TB flaxseed
  • 2 TB sunflower seeds
  • 1 banana, frozen or fresh
  • 1 cup whole milk 
  • Large handful of spinach
  • 7-8 frozen strawberries
  • Around 8 or more chunks of frozen mango 
  • 1/2 nectarine 

Directions:

First add the milk to your blender with the spinach, sunflower seeds, hempseed, and flaxseeds. 
Blend well. 
Once blended well and you can't see any bits of spinach, add the rest of your ingredients and blend until smooth.
This made enough for my son and a full glass for myself (picture at top). 

Please let me know if you tried this smoothie and what your thoughts are! Love hearing from you! 

*Use organic ingredients whenever possible




No comments:

Post a Comment