Monday, July 11, 2016

Breakfast Smoothie


My smoothies really never change much...I just change the fruit to vary up the flavor and use what I have on hand. I've also found that if you blend up your greens with milk or water first, you get a much better consistency and don't get any big bites of spinach or whatever greens you are using. I also sometimes add a fresh squeeze of 1/2 lemon to neutralize the "green" taste...esp when using kale. Hope you enjoy this recipe and comment below your go-to favorite smoothie recipe!

Here's what you'll need:

  • Milk or coconut milk or water
  • Hemp seeds
  • Goji berries
  • Spinach or kale
  • Frozen bananas
  • Frozen fruit
  • Pumpkin seeds

Directions:

Add milk to your blender (about a cup) and a few handfuls of spinach. Add pumpkin seeds (2 TB), Goji berries (1 TB), and hemp seeds (1 TB) to the blender as well. Blend on full speed till well incorporated. Then add a cup of your favorite frozen fruit and 1 frozen banana. Blend well, pour into a glass, and enjoy!

Again, I use what I have on hand. I love using strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple. You can change this recipe any way you like as well! It's very versatile and you can make it your own!

Thanks for reading and if you love it, comment and share! Thanks y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment