Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Chocolate Banana Smoothie



Being pregnant means that I have cravings! And today I wanted a chocolate treat...but still want to keep it healthy. I've read in the past that adding an avocado to your smoothies makes them super smooth and creamy. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous adding an avocado, but REALLY pleased with the outcome. For this smoothie, I blended the milk, spinach, and avocado first to get all the greens really incorporated. Then added the chocolate and frozen bananas. I just ordered this hazelnut spread from Nutiva and (after stirring it!) I am a huge fan! If you don't have this, using organic cocoa is fine. I may try next time to add some frozen cherries, too!

Here's what you'll need:

  • 3/4 cup cows milk or coconut milk
  • A handful (or 2) or organic spinach
  • About 1/4-1/2 avocado (I just used what I had left from another use)
  • 3 tsp Nutiva Hazelnut Spread 
  • 1 frozen banana
  • Blender

Directions:

Blend the milk, spinach, and avocado in the blender until well incorporated and smooth. 
Add 3 tsp (more or less depending on how chocolatey you like it) of the Nutiva Hazelnut Spread and 1 frozen banana. 
Blend until smooth and enjoy!

If you try this recipe, comment below! Hope you all have a blessed day!!


*Use organic ingredients when possible

No comments:

Post a Comment